Rouse Services is the leading data and information services provider covering the construction equipment industry. Rouse is comprised of three business divisions:
Rouse Appraisals: valuations of construction equipment fleets
Rouse Sales: used equipment sales pricing and marketing support
Rouse Analytics: rental metric benchmarking of rates and utilization
Rouse Services is the industry’s gold standard and leader in construction equipment market intelligence. In decades of service exclusively to the construction equipment industry, Rouse Services has built a legacy of deep expertise, unrivaled data precision, and unparalleled customer service.
In early November, Ritchie Bros. announced its acquisition of Rouse Services, pending customary regulatory approval. The hiring need for Rouse comes at an exciting time of growth for the company as Rouse is actively expanding its product offerings and extending its presence in international markets.
Rouse Services has a full-time opportunity for an Analyst within the Appraisals division. Rouse Services is located in Beverly Hills, CA, but employees have been working remotely due to COVID-19 and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
The analyst will analyze large datasets and research market results and trends for the purpose of appraising equipment. In conjunction, the analyst will model hypothetical liquidations as support to asset-based lenders for their loan underwriting processes. Stakeholders include international banks, private equity groups, hedge funds, multi-national construction equipment companies, and transaction advisory firms. The analyst will be responsible for managing communications with these stakeholders.
Overview and Responsibilities
- Create a comprehensive appraisal of clients’ equipment fleets through a combination of:
- Comparable transactions and regression-based modeling
- Industry research
- Interviews with key client contact points
- Produce valuations for hypothetical default scenarios which include:
- Preparation of financial liquidation models
- Drafting detailed reports outlining liquidation assumptions and results
- Researching industry-specific case history for liquidations
- Support business development initiatives through ad-hoc analyses & presentation preparation
- Successful candidates will proactively build relationships and possess a strong commitment to exceptional client service
Qualifications and Requirements
- Technical Qualifications:
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets
- Experience with SQL, Powerpoint, and/or Access is desirable
- Financial Qualifications:
- A working understanding of financial statements
- Financial modeling experience
- Professional Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to interface effectively with senior management, clients, and lenders
- Intellectual curiosity supported by a research-driven thought process
- Strong appreciation for detail
- Ability to work independently within a broader team environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Initial Phone Screen
- Online assessment of analytics skills and critical thinking
- In-Office / Virtual full-day interview to meet Rouse leadership, team members, and excel assessment
How to Apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Analyst” as the subject and a copy of your resume. Once we have had a chance to review your resume, we will respond with any next steps.