Rouse Services is the industry’s gold standard and leader in construction equipment market intelligence. In decades of service exclusively to the construction equipment industry, Rouse Services has built a legacy of deep expertise, unrivaled data precision, and unparalleled customer service.
Rouse Services has a full-time opportunity available for a field inspector to be based in the United States in support of their Appraisal business. The inspector will be responsible for visiting rental branch locations and construction sites for purposes of evaluating the condition, quality, and maintenance procedures relating to the equipment. The purpose of these inspections will be in support of the appraisal valuations that Rouse produces to support the underwriting process for asset-based loans. This inspector will serve as an “on the ground” representative for Rouse.
The hiring need comes at an exciting time of growth for the company, as Rouse is actively expanding its product offerings and extending its presence in international markets.
Overview and Responsibilities
- This position is 100% travel-based throughout the United States and Canada, and may require some travel to the United Kingdom.
- Visit rental branch locations and construction job sites of Rouse clients with the objective of inspecting the construction machinery located at those sites. The inspections will include:
- A thorough evaluation of the machinery units,
- Taking photos of the units,
- Logging details such as maintenance performed, usage meters, and serial numbers
- Interviewing the depot personnel and maintenance managers to document the overall operation and the protocol for upkeep of the fleet
- Neatly and accurately document the findings of the inspections for reporting back to the Rouse team, which will ultimately support the final appraisal reporting to Rouse’s bank clients
- Position requires some onsite training to access client customer jobsites (i.e. safety, hazardous, nuclear)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Prior experience working in the construction equipment rental (or closely related) industry
- Cranes and/or heavy earthmoving equipment experience preferred
- Ability to evaluate condition of equipment, potential problem areas of used equipment, etc.
- Expertise with a wide range of equipment common to equipment rental firms, including for example:
- Earthmoving equipment (wheel loaders, dozers, backhoes/dumpers, etc)
- Aerial work platforms (scissor lifts, telescopic booms, articulating booms, etc)
- Small tools
- Concrete pumping (trucks and portable)
- Tractors/trailers, including support equipment (i.e. jeeps, boosters, and deck extensions)
- Prior experience performing maintenance, managing a service department, and/or operating equipment preferred
- Firm grasp of current market conditions and drivers desirable (i.e., construction spending, notable projects, key players in different industries and geographies, etc.)
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Diligence and attention to detail to ensure data is managed and processed appropriately
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills in order to interface effectively with clients and the Rouse team
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with a focus on completing projects in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy
- Proactive attitude to build client relationships and strong commitment to delivering exceptional client service
- Initial Phone Screen
- In-person meeting with other inspectors and team members
Rouse Services is the leading data and information services provider covering the construction equipment industry.
Rouse is comprised of three business divisions:
- Rouse Appraisals: equipment fleet valuations to support financing transactions
- Rouse Sales: used equipment sales and marketing support
- Rouse Analytics: rental rate and equipment utilization benchmarking
Please browse our website for more details about our offerings.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume. Once we have had a chance to review your resume, we will respond with any next steps.